Saturday, August 05, 2006

Moments Before I Sat Down


This morning I had my breakfast at a restaurant on the ground floor of my office building. That is the closest place for me to eat. It is just some 20 meters away after coming out from the elevator. The walkway of the section for the restaurant is elevated by one foot high. It is nicely decorated with beautiful floral motive tiles for the floor that distinguished from other part of the walkway. Sometimes you feel guilty to pass through when people are eating at the place because it looks as if the area is exclusively belongs to the restaurant though it is meant for public access. There are some 5 tables placed on that walkway. Right... the food there is not that bad either.

When I reached the place, four tables out of five at the walkway have already been occupied by the customers. I was a bit baffled for a while seeing tables No. 1 referring from the far end until table no.4 were occupied by one customer each. All customers were seated at the same side and chair position of the tables facing the same direction from where I was coming. To add to my curiosity, table No 1 and 3 were men and tables No 2 and 4 were ladies, sweep-swap from one another. That left table No. 5, the most immediate table when I reached the place, yet to be occupied.

I was standing next to the table, and at the very instant, the usual me started calculating, analyzing and hypothesizing on what I saw. For no apparent reason, I started formulating a theory in my head to explain why it happened that way?!

This is what was running in my head moments before I sat down:

First to arrive – Customer Table No. 1:
The gentleman at the table No. 1 at the far end came in first. Considering that’s the best seat with commanding view, no doubt he chose to be seated there facing the open view and close to the railing for comfort. Table No. 5 facing the opposite direction is just as good also but the eyes cannot go as far as it is viewed from table No. 1. I would do the same thing also if I were to arrive earlier.

2nd to arrive – Customer Table No. 4:
She was a lady in a tight and short skirt, seated at table no 4. It was only right for her not to sit too close to the first guy since he was a stranger to her and not facing him. She could also was trying to avoid naughty eyes from the guy when she sits in. She chose table No. 4 instead of table No. 5 which was farther because the comfort level on the distance was already sufficient and not to be that obvious showing her insecurity. To be seated close to the railing comes naturally then. The railing is a catalyst for security just like a rostrum for a speaker to hold upon while giving speech. There she was seated, 3 tables away from the first gentleman.

3rd to arrive – Customer Table No. 3:
The next one who came in must be the guy that seated at table No. 3. It is obvious; this guy was a cheeky type. He chose to be right behind the lady taking advantage on seeing the beautiful curve of the lady at a close range from rear view. Seating position at table No. 5 facing opposite direction from the lady is better but I think he didn’t want to make the lady feel intimidated.

4th to arrive – Customer Table No. 2:
This lady perhaps cared less on where to be seated. The most immediate table available when coming from the other side of the building was table No. 2, so she sat there. It would've been better if she had chosen table No.5 instead of being flanked by the two guys. Anyway, may be she likes to be noticed by the guys. Quite naturally as well, she tried not to face the guy at table No. 1. Tried not to brush her back with the guy seated at table No. 3 might be a point also. And again, the railing provides such comfort and security. So then, there she was.

I then took my seat.

I sat diagonally to the sitting positions of them, away from the railing facing all four of them. Thought of facing the same direction as them but it was no fun, that damn pillar blocked my view. I tried to be as innocent as possible by acting just like not knowing what was around me making sure the sexy lady does not feel intimidated by my eyes stealing a look at her thighs. “Oh... Come on you guys, do not try to be that good by telling me that you’ve never steal a look at sexy ladies, especially during the time crosslegged lady in a short skirt is switching leg from one to another”. Urrp… ladies, just take it as a compliment, OK!... We do admire good and beautiful things!

To prove my point right, the sequence of them leaving the place was; the guy at table No.1, the lady at table no. 4, the guy at table no. 3 and lastly the lady at table No. 2.

I left after the lady paid her check only feeling stupid analyzing things for no apparent purpose.



GAB: The analytical mind cannot be stopped and it is NOT stupid, but to document it up in a blog, makes it closer to that. HAH... HAH... HAH...!


7 comments:

UglyButAdorable said...

hahahhhahh..baru nak cakap..but u said it at the end. u actually had time to evaluate...

m i n e r a l . . . said...

hehehhehe gab.....
u buatkan sy teringat sesuatu dimasa lalu . . . :)

merapuman said...

"good and beautiful things", hmmm, memang kat KL banyak dan kadang-kadang pandangan tu terhenti di situ sehingga dijeling pemilik.

Aku Bukan Bidadari said...

same here..baru nk sebut ..
tak penah nampak lelaki yg tak tgk lady,sexy lady or anything look like a lady hehehe muehehee

salam..

Shaark@Dea said...

Terlebih kreatif laa pulakkk..ahaks!

Berisman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Berisman said...

GAB,
I love your narrative-the way you told the story....I love to join you for a drink;-)

Kak Teh's BLOG DIRECTORY

Powered by Blogger

IDHAM'S BLOG DIRECTORY

Powered by Blogger

Site Meter