Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Children of My Life


Childhood is such a precious, yet trenchant part of life. We all have memories of our days as children along with stories of lessons learned. Childhood is reflected by most as being a time of bliss and enlightenment. As I recall my childhood, an avalanche of mixed feelings suffocates me.

Now I have kids of my own. This is one of the most beautiful things ever happened to me in my life – to have my own kids. I have a personal vow that I keep deep in my heart ever since I decided to have family of my own; I will give all the love and care to my own offspring as it is adverse to what I have had experienced during my tender years as a child.

If I were to go off from this very world tomorrow, I hope Fara, Sam and Edrin will someday read this blog for they’ll have it something written in words on what was in my heart during my lifetime. (Hey kiddos, you guys know it too well how much I loved and cared about you).

Yesterday, September 22, was Sam’s birthday. Before I knew it, he is already celebrating his 12th birthday this year. Just 2 months ago, on 26th July, Fara celebrated her 14th birthday and in the first quarter of the year, on 11th March, Edrin had his 9th.

Nature has it written in its book; they will grow up albeit my unfounded wishes to have them stay as kids for as long as I live.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM
.



















GAB

14 comments:

merapuman said...

pls say 'hi' and 'happy birthday' to Sam for me.

Idham said...

:) happy birthday sam..:)

what a loving papa you are gab.

idham

merapuman said...

Selamat berpuasa to you to.

Anonymous said...

and just so I dont understand some men who would abandon their flesh n blood for the love of another woman...

myberlingobox said...

Happy birthday Sam, Fara and Edrin

Kak Teh said...

awww, what a wonderful tribute!! happy birthday to all of them. And Selamat berpuasa.

m i n e r a l . . . said...

happy birthday sam...

p/s: speechless . . . :)

Anonymous said...

(bloghopped from Pok Ku)

when you and family went through ups and downs in life (esp when you were jobless before), kids tend to mature more quickly than they should, yes?

happy belated birthday wish to your Sam..

Anonymous said...

Have u heard this song...
...I believe the children are our are future,Teach them well and let them lead the way,Show them all the beauty they possess inside,Give them a sense of pride to make it easier,
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be...
(Greatest Love Of All- Whitney Houston)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sam...

Boo said...

Happy birthday Sam!

~ GAB ~ said...

Merapuman -> Thanks & SELAMAT BERPUASA to you too

Idham -> Visited your blog... likewise I feel the same with you when reading about the way you missed your 6-year old son's birthday and you were still abroad, alone and shed some tears... that touched!

Anonymous -> Ma be it's more complicated that what we look and understand it and... just a single line of expalanation to reason why doesn't carry much justice...!

Berlingo -> Thanky man...

Kak Teh -> Selamat Berpuasa to you & family too...

TUN (Mineral) -> Thanks TUN... You are now a father, you'll go thru...

Atiza -> Yeah...train hard fight easy... Thanks for the visit

Kopi-O -> Love the song man... hey If I am not mistaken, that song won some award back then...

Jules -> Thank you!!!

UglyButAdorable said...

gab bro..

hope it's not too late.. happy birthday to your sammy boy!!! may he grow up to be as good as his daddy!!!

deep inside i know Allah does his thing in the weirdiest way..i know there's something behind me not being married therefore not able to have my own children..i hope someday though..someday..

selamat berpuasa bro..

~ GAB ~ said...

Hey... you call Sam just like the way I'd call him every now and then...

One fine day you will UBA, perhaps the bad candidates are being exhausted by those early birds that left for you the best of the best.

Kak Teh's BLOG DIRECTORY

Powered by Blogger

IDHAM'S BLOG DIRECTORY

Powered by Blogger

Site Meter