Friday, January 18, 2008

In Contemplation

On Their Bellies

Sam, Edrin and Fara are in their good mood here. All three of them on their bellies on the floor in the hallway of our home.



At times I'd feel that I am disclosing too much information about my private life in public over the internet in the blog like this. At the same time it brings some kind of satisfaction expressing myself somewhat in anonymity manner, except to some handful of my family members, close friends, neighbours and so forth. How I wish I could personally be in touch with all the readers in my real life.

Whatever it is, I am looking at the lighter side of the thing that the rule of thumb says good things will come to you when you expect good things to come.

Expecting good and beautiful things, I can’t help pondering about what future holds for me in years to come. It sparked ponders in me when yesterday my wife inadvertently had to add another year to her age. It was yet another birthday for her. I thought of writing something in my blog glorifying her birthday like what I did last year. Here

But my hands were full yesterday. I had to attend to something outside of the office premise. I even obliged a friend to attend a talk on CIMB Unit Trusts held in Bronx Room, Berjaya Times Square Hotel in the afternoon. It was amazing to see two beautiful young sisters in their 20’s managing an agency, Platinum Partnership Group, dealing with unit trusts. It in no qualm has made them millionaires with the venture. After all they call themselves “The Amazing Millionaire Sisters”.

Now back to my contemplation. What will it be in 20 years to come? As much as I do love to see my kids growing up before our eyes now, I would also love to see them one day venturing out this world and learn everything about life.

For they have to find reasons to revere what the reality of life can offer.

I could imagine that by then, my wife and I would be longing for our grown-up kids to drop by our house as they have their own lives to run somewhere. They could possible be living somewhere in any corner of the earth. They would have their own sets of problems to settle while we are in the twilight of our living years.

EDRIN
Edrin poses for the camera

_________________________________________________________________________

13 comments:

dlt said...

Gab, beautiful kids u have there. Enjoy ur life while they are still under ur roof. Later u surely will be waiting for them to come home once in a while, just like what u have written. Agaknya semua parents akan jadi macam tu, kan? Terasa sangat skrg ni jarang bebenor balik kelate. Huhu!

Happy Belated Birthday to Mrs Gab!

silversarina said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your lovely wife...ke berapa ??? sebaya kita ke ???

Handsome and comel anak-anak you .Walaupun mereka akan tidak bersama kita nanti, kasih sayang yang dicurah akan lebih mendekatkan kita dengan mereka... rindu memang rindu namun doa sentiasa untuk mereka selamat selamanya. InsyaAllah.

Anonymous said...

akum.. salam dari bumi dublin, ireland.. jemput2 la ke my blog. :)

Makcik Runner said...

i just take one day at a time. oh btw, happy birthday to your ratu. everybody gets a little older by the year, no escaping...sheesh!

NorAiniJ said...

Happy Belated birthday to Mrs Gab.

Looking at your 3 cheerful/wonderful/lovely kids and how they pose for photos, I kinda can imagine getting to know you and the Mrs personally.

Have a good day ahead sir!

Sue.Aleen said...

writing about private life in blog is something, yes, giving you satisfaction. i agree.

walo pun kita belum rasa lagi anak2 membesar depan mata macamana tapi kita dah tengok anak2 buah membesar. begitu pantas masa berlalu. dulu kawen pun depa tak kasi but now tak sabo depa nak sepupu lagi... that's why, i'll try to go back to kg once in a month just to see my mom, sisters and my 'kids' over there...

btw, happy belated birthday to your wife.

Pak Zawi said...

Gab,
I dont have to wait another 20years to experience what you were contemplating happening to you.
It has been some years now that the children have left the roost to lead their own lives. Its always a joy when they come back with their children but more often we have to go to them to see the grandchildren.
Often times I contemplate moving home to KL just to be near them so that at least once a month we could gather and enjoy their company again. The laughter and cries of the grandchildren are music to our ears. Problem is the other half loves this home in Pasir Mas so much and will not think of moving away anywhere else as long as she doesn't have to. I guess I will have to live with that.

Anonymous said...

Tak lama lagi, bermenantu lah Tuan Gab nie.. :)
Juga, Selamat Hari Lahir Puan Gab.

Anonymous said...

comel-comel anak tn. gab ni..boleh lah kita berbisan..heh

ManaL said...

Every second counts. I look forward to the day that i can share those happy family of my own moments like yours.

Seriously, did u ask them to pose like that?

And panjang umur, murah rezeki wish to your madam.

~ GAB ~ said...

DLT --> Thanks. And we are getting no younger as it does to them having to grow up.

Better make a point to be back to Kelantan DLT.





SILVER SARINA --> YEs, she is also our batch. In fact we were in the same classroom when we were in primary years.

Hopefully the investment in love and care will be a good asset in future




JHAZKITARO --> I peeked into your place already. Have a good life in Dublin.

~ GAB ~ said...

KC --> It's OK no one gets younger anyway. Enjoy the years ahead KC... Smile!





NJ --> One of these days, we'll meet. Love to know you personally, together with the family. Have a good life.





SUEALEEN --> Very thoughtful of you to make a trip regularly to see your mom + others.





ZAWI --> Wahhh... nice to have someone who can comment based on what is "future" to majority of us. Nice indeed to read what you have to share. The feeling must be priceless I supposed. Little doubt in my mind you surely had good years raising up your kids as much as they were enjoying their time.

~ GAB ~ said...

KOPI O --> Pstttt... Don't say that way. It makes me feel old. hahaha...





ANONYMOUS --> Smile!







MANAL --> One day you will MANAL. I pray for you.

Did I ask them to pose? Actually we were in celebration mode the time I shot the pic. Look at the papaer in Edrin's hand. That's actually a slip of Fara's PMR results. They were rolling around on the mat/carpet in the area while waiting for time to be out to pick up their mom to go somewhere for celebration. And yes, I did ask but just for them to look at the camera with only little adjustment made.

Kak Teh's BLOG DIRECTORY

Powered by Blogger

IDHAM'S BLOG DIRECTORY

Powered by Blogger

Site Meter