Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Year Kick-Off: Tagged!

Happy New Year!
My thanks to a neighbour in Saujana Utama,
KC, for tagging me up. What a nice way to start off blogging in the New Year with an entry like this.



Psyco-Cybernetic is a great work written by Maxwell Maltz, first published in 1960. It has since been improved by his student Bob Sommer with the release of Psyco-Cybernetic 2000. It is one of the books that I like for its sharp and brainy advice that one can practically make use of in day-to-day living.

Maxwell Maltz believed that self-image
is the cornerstone of all the changes that take place in a person. If one's self-image is unhealthy, or faulty, all of his or her efforts will end in failure. Whilst Bob Sommer, in his enhanced version has even elevated the principles of it to the “science of imagination”.

Answers for questions in the tag like this, they actually prompted by the grey matter in the mind of a writer. It smolders through a delicate process, deliberated, reflected and imagined and on top of it, we cannot run away from the eventual responds that to still be based upon the blueprint of our mind, in a shadow of our self-image. In the end, if it falls into the hands of connoisseurs, it’d manifest the psychology behind it.

Now, come read what’s concealed in the rear of my psyche with the answers I have to offer.


1. NAME ONE PERSON WHO MADE YOU LAUGH LAST NIGHT.

My son. Sam! He’s good at making sounds, hilarious twist of reverberations that would tickle you up. Last night in the car, on our way back from dinner in Sg Buluh, I asked him to twist around a familiar tune in his squeaky voice and I had good laugh at it.


2. WHAT WERE YOU DOING AT 0800?

I was running down the highway. In any working days, around this hour, you can expect me either on highway or at Jejantas Sungai Buluh, stop over for my breakfast at KAYA Kopitiam. You’d better try the place sometime. Who knows you’d be a rich person the minute you walk out out from there.


3. WHAT WERE YOU DOING 30 MINUTES AGO?

No fun for me to answer based on 30 minutes ago because of the dreary things I was doing, apart from drowning myself in the blogosphere. What about an hour before? I was down there in a shop checking on a padlock that equipped with built-in alarm. Have you ever come across this? When the padlock is shaken or wrong key is used, the alarm would go off. It’s a product from China selling at RM 70.


4. WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU IN 2006?

Nothing great happened in 2006. Managed to do what I was supposed to be doing. I wrapped up the year hoping 2007 would be a better year just like the way I closed my 2007 a few days ago with a hope that things will be good for me, wife and kids in 2008.
Here


5. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU SAID OUT LOUD?

Hard to trace back because I seldom yell or shout. May be my excitement answering a phone call from a friend who was not in contact for some considerable length of time. I said “Heyyy… Where have you been? Lama tak dengar berita!?”


6. HOW MANY BEVERAGES DID YOU HAVE TODAY?

Up till this point in time, morning, still early in the day, I just had two. One at home, a cup of tea my wife prepared for me and just now almost a bottle of 500ml mineral water.


7. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HAIRBRUSH?

For a second it makes me think that the one who started this tag is a lady. And yeah, hairbrush is not in my dictionary, comb is, and it’s blue in color.


8. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU PAID FOR?

If the charge for SmartTAG is considered as a payment, must be it when I passed through the toll gate this morning. But if you mean cash in use, well, last night when I filled up gas for my car at Petronas.


9. WHERE WERE YOU LAST NIGHT?

I was at home after a sumptuous dinner at a Thai restaurant. I find solace to be home. My night is far off from any sort of after-the-dark activity.


10. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR FRONT DOOR?

Peach color.


11. WHERE DO YOU KEEP YOUR CHANGE?

In a small pocket inside the pocket of my pant. Do you ladies know that some trousers for men are designed with small pockets inside the pockets?


12. WHAT’S THE WEATHER LIKE TODAY?

A bit gloomy


13. WHAT’S THE BEST ICE-CREAM FLAVOR?

I have to sound a bit conservative here. I do love “aiskrim potong” best. To me that’s what simplicity in enjoying ice cream is all about. I love all those
Häagen-Dazs® super premium ice cream, gelato, sorbet and frozen yogurt but “aiskrim potong” is laced with sweet memories to go with.


14. WHAT EXCITES YOU?

I am confused between “what excites me” and “what turns me on”. Oh dear, you want me to let the world knows the wild side of me when it comes to libido or what? Just kidding! Actually, I get excited every time when I am harboring thoughts of making a trip back to my hometown with my kids and family.


15. DO YOU WANT TO CUT YOUR HAIR?

Yes, in a few day’s time.


16. ARE YOU OVER THE AGE OF 25?

If my friend KC says she’s way over the age of 25, I would say I am slightly over… hahahaha! Now comes the question of how slight is slight?


17. DO YOU TALK A LOT?

I’ll bet giving speech to an audience does not count as I can go for hours talking at the podium (conducting trainings & presentations) – that’s speak. Talk – you can say it’s a lot when I do have the right sparring partner on an issue that dearly to me. If not, I’d be as quiet as a mouse.


18. DO YOU WATCH THE O.C.?

What OC?


19. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE NAMED STEVEN?

I know many Stevens. There is one Steven that I know but he doesn’t know me; Steven Spielberg. Silly joke! Well, of all other Stevens that I know, there is one Steven Keong I would like to give tribute here. He is my personal friend from Brinchang, Cameron Highlands and he's heckuva nice man.


20. DO YOU MAKE UP YOUR OWN WORDS?

Not in particular as I’m trained to plain-talk when I need to talk. But I may be using barrage of words often used by others like, “Holy Shoot”, “Holy Cow”, “Alahai…”, “Mama Mummia” and so forth.


21. ARE YOU A JEALOUS PERSON?

I am not a jealous person as what jealous is. But, if a pinch of it as a must in a person, of which it demonstrates responsible and protective nature in you, I’d say yes.


22. NAME A FRIEND WHOSE NAME STARTS WITH THE LETTER 'A'.

Adnan


23. NAME A FRIEND WHOSE NAME STARTS WITH THE LETTER ‘K’.

Karen


24. WHO’S THE FIRST PERSON ON YOUR RECEIVED CALL LIST?

It comes out as * YanG * on my screen – must be my wife.


25. WHAT DOES THE LAST TEXT MESSAGE YOU RECEIVED SAY?

The last one is no fun to share because it says only “OK”. Neither does for the second last, it is even shorter with only “K”. The third last is fine, it says, “Futsal on Sunday at U-One Sport Center USJ 1 at 11 am. A farewell game to our “Footballer of The Year” Mr E.P Yeo before he joins AC Miri at San Sarawak”


26. DO YOU CHEW ON YOUR STRAW?

No. I have better things to chew on.


27. DO YOU HAVE CURLY HAIR?

What do you call that between wavy and curly? You know, like Tom Hank’s. Mine is in that category.


28. WHERE’S THE NEXT PLACE YOU’RE GOING TO?

In the context of day’s work today, I’ll be out to Cyberjaya. In the context of long distance traveling, I may be going to Japan for Tokyo Anime Award Competition 2008 in March.


29. WHO’S THE RUDEST PERSON IN YOUR LIFE?

The rudest person in my life I want to mention here is not rude at all in the eyes of others. It happened when I was little and it was my uncle. Knowing he was my uncle, I then purposely get myself closer to him in a crowd with the hope of him acknowledge me as his nephew. But he turned his face away that until today the very incident is still vivid in my recollection. It hurts me deep. I was only a kid, had no slightest idea on what the bickering in the family had been.


30. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?

I took chicken sausages for my breakfast at home. But it was only 2 or 3 pieces, feel a bit hungry. I am now opting for an early lunch.


31. WILL YOU GET MARRIED IN THE FUTURE?

Let me do my mathematics for a while. I am married and now the question is about getting married!? Perhaps the question is meant for non-married person?! I don’t think it is a hint on polygamous issue in the question. And it triggers in my mind that the person who started this tag is not just a lady but single too.


32. WHAT’S THE BEST MOVIE YOU’VE SEEN IN THE PAST 2 WEEKS?

If in the past 2 weeks I hardly watched any movies. My movies had been all real-life drama & play with my kids on the centre-stage or graced my widescreen while they were concluding the last precious minutes of their school holidays.


34. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU DID THE DISHES?

It was the night before yesterday after my dinner at home. I’d do it every time after a meal for my own plate.


35. ARE YOU CURRENTLY DEPRESSED?

No


36. DID YOU CRY TODAY?

No


37. WHY DID YOU ANSWER AND POST THIS?

Because I am honoring the person who tagged me up.


38. TAG 5 PEOPLE WHO WOULD DO THIS SURVEY:

I would love to tag them up but I want to end it in a bad way by breaking the chain. I’d spare those 5 potential people from being tagged and if you are interested to know, they are among the last 30 names that left their comments in my previous entries.





________________________________________________________________________

18 comments:

Yaya said...

hi gab...

sampai 38 tu kena jwb hehe
by the way, my front door color is peach too hehe

take care

Makcik Runner said...

wah, yr answers are very detail one lah. thanks for doing this tag gab. that goes to show how sporting you are and thats why i chose you. you will not fail me...hahaha!

simah said...

congratulations to fara! she must have worked hard to get such results...tapi kalau dia ikut otak her mom n dad.. memang biasa la kan..:0)

love the way ı answer ur tag... now we know more about u hehehhehhe

happy new year gab!

silversarina said...

salam rindu,

wow..banyaknya soalan ... sporting lah..

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

I'll come back later to 'check' your blog...(btw, wife hazih tanya macamana u kenal I and I kenal u... )

loveujordan/silversarina

Theta said...

I should have written Steven Spielberg too since he's one of my idols. And it doesn't hurt he shares the same zodiac sign with me. ;-)

I think my mom would put Steven Seagal since she's a big fan of his movies. Go figure. :D

Anonymous said...

oooo makan jugak ais kerim potong. cendol ker kacang merah :)

Anonymous said...

Salam Gab...hope not too late to congratulate Fara on her achievements.

I like your answers for no.2 - kaya kopitiam and yes..nothing is better than that old fashion ice-cream potong! Yummy!

~ GAB ~ said...

ALEEYA --> Yeah, I didn't realize it was that long until I had to sit and answered to all those questions. You take care.





KC --> Just love doing it when not much of the upper faculty in use while answering it. :-)




SIMAH --> Thanking you for congratulating my daughter Fara. It's a gift from God SIMAH. Like I said before, we can do just so much. The rest is all in Allah's hand.

Please use your imaginations to know even better about me from the answers I have given.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you & family too!

~ GAB ~ said...

SILVERSARINA --> Wow, nice to have you back in here after your return from Jordan. Bet it took a while for you to fine tune to the living back in here.

Well, just tell her once upon a time during the dark ages way way back some centuries ago we happened to be sipping the same air over in the now is called Washington DC. Tell her how much I adore the mighty Potomac River that span across Fairfax and Washington DC. And tell her how River Place became a witness in clandestine to the rendezvous of the two souls that only in later years tried to reflect over.

I bet Hazih is doing OK now.

~ GAB ~ said...

THETA --> What's the zodiac like for him and you? Since the creativity in him is as such, I think some resemblance in traits you'd share as well. In some other forms perhaps.

You know what stapled in my mind? You are having twins. And that I learned from you have written in your blog.





KOPI O -> Perhaps kacang merah. Love it. The smell of it actually strikes my senses, not just my taste buds but it triggers the fine feeling in me over my childhood years. Words are handicap to explain it.





Norabella --> Thanks for the thought Nora. Why it strikes you for the #2 answer? Is it due to the silly way of me answering it or what's hidden in one's wishful thinking of hopes to dart at somethng in life out of the blue?

Happy New Year NORA. Hope your life in Singapore is getting better each year.

NorAiniJ said...

Ur #29 is referred to. Oh boy, I would have been crushed too, with such a treatment from a dear person we fondly refer to as an uncle, in public sommore.

BTW, congrats to Fara. And may 2008 bring more happiness and prosperities to you and your loved ones.

zafi said...

hey bro
happy new year and salam maal hijrah 1429!
BTW its not too late to congrats Fara on her awesome results!
long way to go but it was a good start.. wish her best of luck ya!
take care!

abgbest said...

Gab bro...the whole world sekarang sudah tahu serba sikit lu punya routine ....... pandai benar yg mulakan tagged ni....nasib baik yg "dot dot dot" tu tak jadi questionnaire nye.........

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

ManaL said...

Tokyo anime award competition? R u gonna see big names in anime like hayao miyazaki?? that must be swell. And do u actually do animation work?

Chicken sausages on their own? no mash potatoes, salad, breadrolls and stuff like that? Its been a while since i had a sausage meself. I had McD prosperity burger last week tapi pedas laa...even that spicy beef foldover pon agak la pedas. Sorry bebel pasal food but i keep getting sausages in me mind now...the food la!

May u continue to prosper in 2008 filled with happiness and nice things around.

abgbest said...

Konnichiwa Gab-san Bro, rainen made tokyo ni sundeimasu...... agak2 nye mana lebih pedas wasabe ke sambal belacan?....

~ GAB ~ said...

NJ --> You know how it feels like when such thing happens. It lasts for lifetime. Thanking you for the congratulatory gesture.




ZAFI --> Thank you. hopefully it will become a catalyst for her in her future endeavour. Happy New Year (both Hijrah & Gregorian) to you too.





ABG BEST -->

1.
That perhaps the first layer of another hundreds if not thousands of me. wekekekeke. Salam Bro.

2. Wasbe bites differently ABG BEST. They are equally hot but hit upon different taste buds.




CRESCENET --> Thank you. :-) Will peep into it.





BARB MICHELEN --> I've checked that out. Err...!!!

~ GAB ~ said...

MANAL -> I missed you out in my reply.

Animation work? As far as capabilities are concerned, we are actually more than capable of doing the animation work but with regards to the corporate direction we finalized upon, we don't actually do the thing. But, since we are in the shadow of MDeC, we are invited to observe.

And Hayao Miyazaki is indeed the prominent director in the field of animated feature films. If I were to be there, I'll sure meet him.

:)

Kak Teh's BLOG DIRECTORY

Powered by Blogger

IDHAM'S BLOG DIRECTORY

Powered by Blogger

Site Meter