Saturday, April 26, 2008

Growing up by the day

At the Jetty
From left: Edrin, Sam and Fara
This picture is taken at the jetty in Marine Park, Sungai Hj Dorani, Sg Besar, Selangor
.


There will be time when I am no longer talk about “birds and bees” with them.

Even now, I am pleasantly surprised with their advanced line of thoughts during bantering time while I'm a decade behind still seeing them as babies.

Nah, they no longer are.

Edrin advances faster than either Fara or Sam when they were now at Edrin's age. He has to cope to the advances of big brother and sister in his daily lives that technically trained him to be ahead of his time.

If you do have kids with only one or two years difference in age, you’d notice the maturity of your older one would either pulled back to the lower age or the younger one excels to be at par with the older one. That is what happens to my kids. It’s ridiculous for Sam to holdup to be in his younger brother’s world but instead, methodically driven on Edrin to propel.

From my observation, when then age gap is far too long for the youngest edition to appear, it works otherwise. The new kid perhaps learn faster in knowing what is what but get pulled back in emotional development. It takes little imagination to comprehend this due to the fact that, members in the family will set a focal point on the little one. He will observe more things around him to learn fast but requires less effort to understand and tackle his own emotions as people around him are there to cushion him up.

I told my wife while watching the TV program “Bersamamu” where the program highlights the sufferings of the less-fortunate people in some corners of the country, that, “Look, their kids are far more independent as compared to the kids in the well-heeled family”

Here comes the assertion of my homespun theory, “the harder you are trained, the tougher you will be”

And… as of now, I am not prepared for a new baby.


Fara, Edrin & Sam
They pose for me in the living room under the dim of the lights before I sent them to school for their Maulidur-Rasul celebrations. I'd grab any opportunity to send and pick them, to & from school even though I've already hired a school bus to do the job. To me, it’s a quality time to be with the kids throughout the journey, nonetheless.



A whale of time
Edrin (facing the camera), Sam (in full body suit) and their friends are having good time at the swimming pool in the Clubhouse of our housing estate, Saujana Utama.

_________________________________________________________________________________


9 comments:

ManaL said...

That 3rd photo is brilliant. Good camera shot. Ade tak 2nd, 3rd sampai la that big splash in the pool, sir gab?

How about a new boyfren/galfrens as the addition to them 3 kids? Wud that be a "new baby" too?

Anonymous said...

mr gab...nice photos .enjoy reading all your stories too

cikliah said...

You've been tagged... visit my blog.

en_me said...

wah sonoknyer budak budak ittewww.. bapak budak budak x ikot samer ker.. ehehe

m i n e r a l . . . said...

err.r.r.r can i joint them jejejeje

simah said...

enjoy them gab while u cn :0)

love d pic mas mulidur rasul tu... esp that girl... u dah siapkan senapang nak welcome suitors?

i can see how they r d diamonds in ur heart... how lucky they r... :0)

abgbest said...

Gab bro , klu you with swimming trunk ada sekali dlm pix tu bersama2 ur kids terjun dlm pool tu kan molek .....

~ GAB ~ said...

Thank you guys for coming over.


MANAL --> I do have the series, some 4 takes out of it. And your good question there, about new gf/bf as an addition to them 3 kids, new baby? Smile!




IZA --> Thank you. Please come here often even though I won't be that frequent to update it.




CikLiah --> I'll try my best, but no promises.

~ GAB ~ said...

En-Me --> Of course I am more kid than kids and of all you know I was the leader of the pack... heheheh Kidding!




TUN --> Nanti melimpah air... wekekeke





SIMAH --> Prepare rifle to welcome suitors? Hehe You make me think of it. And perhaps, it's another way of compensating what I didn't get when I was little.




ABG BEST --> Come join me then....

Kak Teh's BLOG DIRECTORY

Powered by Blogger

IDHAM'S BLOG DIRECTORY

Powered by Blogger

Site Meter