Friday, October 20, 2006

Satu Hari Di Hari Raya (Part 7): God Tickles Me

… I am now having 3 small kids age 2 to 7

I got myself a Mercedes Benz E-230. Hari Raya was just a few months to go the time I took it. Since Hari Raya is around the corner, I now can even imagine myself driving on Hari Raya next to the rice field the place where my life was centered when I was a small kid.

When you have a new car, you are afraid something may happen to it. You can even be too conscious over your driving. You can be ever so gentle when hitting bumps. The hissing sounds that may come from anywhere possible left you with investigative ears. You cannot even tolerate small scratches on it. If it does, you will be dwelling about it for days.

My friend has a pun over a new car;

Question: Apa perbezaan antara kereta baru dan isteri baru?

Answer:
Kereta baru… nampak lubang, elak!!! Isteri baru... nampak lubang, terkam!!!

[This is a pun in Bahasa Malaysia. It won’t be interesting if it is put in English]

Anyway, I have to succumb to the twist of luck that fated. Just a few days before our trip back to our hometown for Hari Raya, my lovely Mercedes car was stolen. Yes, someone took my car without my permission. We call it stealing and the car was stolen. It's gone. Finito! ...Duh!

Right from the beginning something was not right buying that car. My inner self wanted to have BMW 318i; test-driven, liked it so much and final decision, the jinx of Mercedes overpowered and now I have it. But, better look closer & deeper; may be God loves me so much. He wants me to think. He doesn’t want me to be too proud until I forgot to be grateful to Him or may be even become an arrogant person.

My friend Ezani runs used car dealership in Kota Bharu. He helps me find another car for Hari Raya, but I have to collect it in Kota Bharu. I take train tickets for the family. I take a whole cabin for a good sleep. Or at least my small kids love it, playing in the cabin just like playing in a play pan.

We wake up in the morning of Hari Raya in Tumpat railway station just to see Ezani is standing next to the used Volvo that I later would be driving it for the next couple of years.

7 comments:

Kak Teh said...

have a safe journey whereever you are going and selamat hari raya to you and yours.

nanies said...

salam gab..harap masih belum terlambat nani mengucapkan selamat hari raya maaf zahir n batin,jika nani ade terkasar bahasa dan tersalah kata, moga aidilfitri tahun ini memberikan keberkatan dan kebahagian buat gab sekeluarga..

Anonymous said...

GAB,
Salam Aidil Fitri. Semoga Allah mengurniakan kegembiraan & kebahagian dunia & akhirat buat anda sekeluarga.

myberlingobox said...

Selamat Hari Raya GAB, semoga cerita-cerita Raya GAB akan menjadi perangsang untuk kami sekeluarga

anggerik merah said...

Lovely entry. Read this before raya.

I am sure you had a lovely raya!

~ GAB ~ said...

Kak Teh --> It's not to late still to wish you SELAMAT HARI RAYA in return

NANI --> Selamat HAri Raya. MAcam mana raya di Melaka? Hope you did have a good one...

KOPI_O --> Selamat Hari Raya. As a matter of fact I've been wondering who's KOPI_O. Since you have suggested no blog for me to refer to, I have no idea to visualize it over.

ARIF --> Kinda awkward calling you the name because I get used to calling you Idham. Anyway, it's different Ezani then... He holds his showroom at Jln Long Yunus.

Err...yeah... Good raya and of course rather different way of enjoyng it parallel to the age.

BERLINGO --> Whatever it has been written, that's a small piece of me and my life. I am glad I still remain humble until today.

ANGGERIK --> I read your raya experience over in UK. Interesting! Reminds me of the old days. Psstt.. when will you be conferred for your PhD?

~elly~ said...

salam GAB....SELAMAT HARI RAYA...
maaf andai ada salah dan silap sepanjang kita berkawan di dunia cyber ni..

Kak Teh's BLOG DIRECTORY

Powered by Blogger

IDHAM'S BLOG DIRECTORY

Powered by Blogger

Site Meter