Thursday, December 07, 2006

Grieving the losses of Brad and Angie



I don’t want this thing to be too long overdue before I put up in my blog. I have been buying time to spend just 15, 20 minutes of my life tormenting my keyboard to honor the passing of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.

Silly? No! They were once in my life.

They were gone. Died is the closest possibility. Back in my mind I still harbour hopes to see them alive because I don’t see the remains of their bodies anywhere. No graves, no memorials to drop a rose or two. Well, don’t be alarmed, they were just our pet hamsters named after those two celebs.

Fara was about to show to her friend Aisyah our celebrated “mice” when they were nowhere to be found. The cage door was left wide open. She yelled out hoping either Sam or Edrin or even I took them out for play, less likely for her mom though. My wife stopped messing with her things in the kitchen, hastily came straight to our indoor rock garden, but less dramatic unlike the scenes one may see in the Malay tele-movies with the spatula in hand. Sam & Edrin rushed down from the family hall upstairs. I was just meters away in the comfy of our living room, the same spot where I was seated when I received a pleasant surprise last night –
Mr. Idham called from as far as Jeddah. Hey, thanks for the call bro. It means a lot to me. Anyway, right after the yell by Fara, I became the first “investigating officer” to arrive at the scene.

Soon after, we established that Brad & Angie were missing. I could see the frustration in Fara. Not too obvious in Sam and Edrin though. It bothered me a little, bothered even more seeing Fara was about to drop her tears. And did. My wife was bothered too. In flash I started recalling Fara’s passion in taking care of them with the weekly grooming - shampoo and blow-dry. The way their bottoms swayed when they walked on the rug. The time when Angie jolted; as much as I did when I unintentionally cut a bit on her tail stub with scissors during grooming session. And the day when my three kids spent hours playing and pampering them. Uhh… What a lucky “rats” they were!

I had a theory. The night before, my wife replenished their food. She closed the cage door, perhaps it didn’t snap. It became ajar when Brad with his fancy knocked things around, he’s not just confined to knocking on Angie alone, and the door opened. They crept out thinking the whole world was a stage and thought they were helluva actors to do the acts; not knowing the harsh reality of life awaited them in the real world.

I’ve seen many times our neighbour’s black cat drooled, eyes sparkled seeing those two ham-celebrities. I even caught him behind the shoe rack peeping, stalking and lurking on the two a few times before. Or may be the cat was just admiring Angie’s sexy lips. I couldn’t imagine if that cat was a techno savvy cat equipped with gadgets & gizmos, cameras and video-cam. If it was, the cat could’ve been a paparazzi-cat, camp outside to catch a glimpse of Brad & Angie with his
Nikon D50 DSLR camera . He may have blackmailed Brad & Angie over the gross act of the two when Angie was feeling sexy while Brad was doused with far too much of testosterone that jinxed him up. Blame it on kuaci.

Anyway, that black cat was my prime suspect. He may have mauled and feasted on Brad & Angie, but propitious for him to scot free; cat can’t be charged for murder and no lawyers in the right minds will take trouble to prove him guilty in the court of law.






GAB: Reminds me of a book I read many years ago,
Pet Sematary (Cemetery) by Stephen King

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA. u are good at making something out of nothing. keep on writing my man.

Makcik Runner said...

muahahaha...

merapuman said...

damn! you named them brad and angie? lol!

Idham said...

:) hahahaha....suspence dude!

what a thriller.

enjoyed talking with you yesterday.

i hv emailed mr Nik. pls follow up with him.

idham

Anonymous said...

hahaha...tension tul baca your intro.
How bout TomKat..under your custody too..:)

Marlene said...

A beautiful entry, that´s what it is. It´s colorful, tasteful, musical ...

anggerik merah said...

Nice one!

dlt said...

Tertipu rupanya. I really tot Angie and Brad are ded. Heh! Silly me. Hamster rupanya.... Don't worry, pikir yang indah2 jer. Maybe Brad and Angie tengah gi honeymoon, jalan2 makan angin kenal dunia baru.

Anonymous said...

Ada sebuah lagu yang amat saya suka tika ini, kebetulan terbaca kisah sedih di sini, biar saya hadiahkan lagu ini untuk Gab & Family. Mungkin ia dapat didedikasikan buat Brad & Angie:

'Kehilangan'

Kuharungi hari demi hari
Bersama wajah tak mungkin akan kembali
Tapi hati masih tak terima
ditinggalkan sengsara

Keraguan ini bukanlah padamu
Perasaan hati masih rindu
Kekalutan ini hanyalah untukku
Tercari-cari bayanganmu

Tak sanggup aku kehilangan....

(Fara mesti nangis ni...)!

Anonymous said...

Gosh! Fara must be so heartbroken. Don't underestimate Brad and Angie, as they can be resillient. Place some food somewhere, your instincts feel would be a good location. Who knows they (Brad and Angie) might just re-appear! Fat chance eh? I'm an eternal optimist! Sigh! Good luck though.

Kunci said...

Kesian fara..:(

Anonymous said...

aloh laaaa..hamster rupanya! but kesian fara, lepas ni bela hermit crab nak? cute jugak..i saw them at 1-U (new wing) last two weeks..but my kids geli pulak tengok hermit crabs banyak2 tu..funny to watch! and ada macam2 kaler.

~ GAB ~ said...

PRBG --> Very close to PIBG. Nice to know you like craps

KC --> Is that laugh means silly me? hehehe

MERAPUMAN --> The name just came out from the blue the tme we brough back from the pet shop, never planned it out

IDHAM --> Very soon I will contact Mr. Nik. And thanks again for the call.

KOPI O --> Rather unfortunate TomKat is not listed yet, but you gave me an idea for the next batch in.

WOMAN AT THE WELL --> Thank you. Just try my best to paint it out using the brushes I have.

ANGGERIK MERAH --> TQ

DLT --> If they are still alive, I hope they enjoy what they are doin' now... hehe

ANON --> Thanks for the lines. D'ya want me to print that out and burn it up and have the ashes strewn at the place where they were last seen? hehe

RUBY --> Positive thinking has no boundries. When you do possess one, it works in all conditions, under all circumstances in any cases and issues. That shows what sort of training you went thru.

KUNCI --> Kan? Cian kan...? Don't worry not after a few days, she's got the replacement already. BUT...they can never be the same.

ONDE --> Hermit crabs? Hmmmn never though of it. We used to keep rabbits but they got sick, we were too late to bring them to the vets. I told my kid to have snakes as a pet. They don't like the idea.

Anonymous said...

Oh my ! You named them Brad and Angie? How nice ! My daughter named her rabbit Barney Jackson bin Michael Jackson.

My kids once had hamsters too. One day as I was helping them to clean the cage, I knocked over the pail when the hamsters were - I so geli one, so I told the kids to keep them away from me - and the hamsters went helter skelter with my screams can be heard within a 10-mile radius !

'Nuff said, that's the end of the hamsters. We had them fostered away.

*geli geleman!*

~ GAB ~ said...

MAK ANDEH --> :)Cannot help it, hamsters are still in rat family. If you think the are similar to hares and rabbits, then it'll another perception altogether.

Kak Teh's BLOG DIRECTORY

Powered by Blogger

IDHAM'S BLOG DIRECTORY

Powered by Blogger

Site Meter