Monday, December 11, 2006

When Junks Mean Something to You

Not this type of junk I am referring to in this entry, but the real junk.














Writing is an everyday thing to me when it comes to notes, documents and journals. I have been writing almost everyday ever since many, many years ago long before this blog thing came to existence. Half a page daily is rather a must while some can go as long as 3, 4 pages. Of course they were all meant for my own consumption mainly on the technical things that people may get puked reading those; even I personally have no heart to read them again. Out of those personal journal thing, considerably only a few about tell-story things like the day when my car hit the back of a pick-up truck, what type of ice cream I had at Baskin Robins, my daughter’s slippers swept away in the ditch, spilled over mee bandung and dirtied my new John Master shirt, my Davidoff fountain pen bleed, stained the niple and stuff.

There are more than 1,000 personal journals or rather notes in the folders embedded in the company local server, little I realized before until recently I had the records transferred to a new local server with bigger capacity. Well not that those personal journals meant much for security to be kept in the server but other important things are, such as aspx files with asp.net, C# and other geek playthings that may bore you to death – graphic designs, programming source codes and e-based prototypes of sorts. Those personal things such as notes and journals just happened to jump on the bandwagon during the server transfer exercise.

Little serves the purpose keeping, thought of deleting those files and folders but considering the time had consumed and the past histories, the
aesthetic value of it when it went through age, I decided not to. My network engineer came asking me whether to delete those folders or not, I said, DON'T just keep it but also burn it on CD as well for back up. How do you like that?

I found myself more habitual rather than addicted keeping old things. May be in some ways it tells what kind of personality I do possess. My wife prefers to get rid of old stuffs, considered junks to her but I on the other hand love to have them stored. Justly as I said, it serves little purpose but every once in a while I would scavenge through old things and I would spend hours entertaining thoughts over certain things that would activate my hindsight; musing retrospectively upon seeing it. For instance, what would you feel when you see your daughter’s first walking shoes? It is so tiny and cute. And now she’s a big girl that even blushes once walk pass a group of guys thinking she was inadequately dressed-up to be seen by them. What’s in between from those tiny walking shoes until her as of now that even fancies designer's shoes and 3G mobile phone? Definitely the whole history comes playing right before your mind.

Hey I still keep handwritten notes by my friends during the last day schooling, many, many years back. I brought with me kain pelikat written with laundry no. using permanent ink on it when I went abroad for studies – reminds me of hostel life, and even brought it back to Malaysia. I still have ticket stubs of the concerts I went to. My sons’ robot toys without arms. Sometimes I would find notes written on tissue paper nicely filed that suggests the idea was coined and pre-conceptualized during my meal time or casual discussion over a cup of teh tarik. Piles of boarding passes; the one that I adore is the boarding pass that meant for me to board but the plane crashed before I did. See
here . I tell you, I keep a lot of junks. So, what junks do you keep?

Today I have another alternative that I may pick and choose some of my daily personal notes to be put in my so-called blog. I am fond of writing craps in my blog. That matters not to me. All I know, it keeps on adding one entry after another. When it comes the time, I think I’d look at it as something hard for me to get rid off, as well.

24 comments:

Kak Teh said...

Gab, after 27 years, i still keep letters! I can understand your sentiments. I keep notes, i dont delete emails from people i care about, and i have all my articles published, all recordings that been broadcast and aaah, many others. my house is a museum. yes, i do understand you.

anggerik merah said...

Gab,

I make a choice of some junk with have sentimental value to me to keep. SO that I could go back to memory lane.Some I get rid.

Idham said...

:) ahah...junk oevrloads....resulting in junks download...itulah apa yg berlaku pada diri ku hehehe...
what do u think i hv been writing abt in my daily blogs....

share some more of ur "junks" my fren...


idham

pendita said...

Saley perkenaley...

I made the mistakes. Because of my 'malas', i forgot so many great memories. I'd got the lesson from your story...

dlt said...

Junks? Used to keep all those junks. Every little things but at one point, I disposed some of them. Kadang2 tu dok cokoh seje duo belek2 balik semo bendo tu.
Tapi satu habit yg tak leh buang sampai la ni, receipt ATM. Everytime mesti ambik and simpan, sampai dah tak nampak tulisan baru buang. Bukannya tengok pun kengkadang tu. Saja nak menambahkan the junks' list.

Anonymous said...

both of us ( i & husband) dont like to keep a junks... very messy... we dun want the house become museum... hehehe... dun worry gab & friends... u all still can keep your junks coz we not live 2gether... but sometimes i regreted coz disposed the something have a sentimental value for me... such as notes & birthday card from my husband started from we couple in year 2000 and married in 2002.... uwaaaaaaaaaaa... my husbang asked me to disposed all those things coz now we live in real life... not dreaming....

Anonymous said...

huhuhu... gab... i'm not very fluent in english... but i'm tried to write in english every time... sorry if hard to you & friends to understand my words... hehehehe ampunnnnn.....

~ GAB ~ said...

KAK TEH --> Glad I am not alone.

ANGGERIK MERAH --> To the owner of the junks, definitely they mean something regardless what they may be, sentimental value as you said.

IDHAM --> Put it this way, do we write craps in our professional daily lives? Hardly. Having blog is such an escapism to express things, sometimes can be very foolish. Don't worry, my craps aka junks will have a steady flow.

PENDITA --> Thank you for coming. I took a peep at your blog but left no traces. Later, I will.

DLT --> "Dok ccokoh seje duo" :-) Exactly what I've been doing. It's a habit, may be to certain extent, "bad habit".

BUNGA --> Welcome to my blog BUNGA. Don't worry about language here. No one will make a pick on you.

mommy@lif said...

bro GAB, i am very selective at keeping my junks.. primarily because i transfer a lot during my school days. my junks are certain special homemade cards from special people that i keep in albums, movie tickets, birthday/congrats cards, request cards from mrsm days. i used to have 3 scrapbooks, from CBN to MRSM to PPP glorious days but they're now history. kucing jahat peed on them & my mak happily burnt them :( but it's okay.. the sweet memories remain kan?

Anonymous said...

I understand what you are saying. I am sentimental that way too. I find it hard to part with most 'junks' with sentimental value. But I never stay put long at any one place for long (moving from country to country) that I have to re-train myself to learn to part with 'junks' for otherwise moving from place to place becomes that much more inefficient with too much to pack and unpack. Now I live lighter..ha ha.

Gosh! It made my blood curdle to read your narrow escape. God is great. Keep well.

Anonymous said...

Gab,
May I know, how many boxes do u have to store all those things...heheheh
You remind me of my big toyogo containers...Nak buang isi dlm rasa cam sayang ..sentimental.

merapuman said...

gab, i;m a bit choosy when it comes to keeping old stuffs. i do keep things like my son's first boarding pass. the tickets to his 1st show i.e. disney on ice. but i'll throw the rest. but unlike my father in law, he'll find ways to keep whatever he received walaupun leaflet courts mammoth. kena tunngu we all balik kampung le nak lupuskan benda2 tu, tapi kena minta kebenaran dulu :)

Anonymous said...

a hard-core junkie huh?

~ GAB ~ said...

MOMMY ALIF --> Considered selective myself in keeping junks and yet they are still junks. hehehe

RUBY --> The junks have been filtered number of times especially when moving places but some cannot be resisted from keeping

KOPI O --> Boxes of them. Perhaps the biggest is the the box meant for 45-inch TV. hehe Hmmm.. TOYOGO... Do we fancy similar thing?

MERAPUMAN --> Choosy or not but still it piled up with junks on me. As long as some history behind it. But not to the extent of brochures though.

KC --> Me hardcore? I don't know. May be. All I know, I am not easily part with sweet memories over those.

myberlingobox said...

Bende yang masih aku simpan

1.sijil-sijil sekolah dari aku tadika
2.surat-surat penting ie surat mak bapak, cinta dll
3.souvenior yang dapat dari sedra mara dan kekawan
4. resit-resit yang penting beli rumah, kereta dll

bende yang aku rasa paling lama yang berada ditangan ku ialah kitab-kitab tok wan aku yang aku simpan kat rumah parents ku dan dulu aku ada simpan juga pedang tok wan ku, yang dijumpai di rumah tok ku, lepas tu pedang tu kena curi oleh sepupu aku. Aku tak tahu sehingga diberitahu

Anonymous said...

42" & many boxes..hahaha..
Banyak to Gab..Your memory & history.

Anonymous said...

hi there people. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking for the sake of that exact make. The prices for the velcros are all over 190 pounds on every page. But completely I bring about this location selling them for half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous said...

I read about it some days ago in another blog and the main things that you mention here are very similar

Anonymous said...

hi fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been looking allowing for regarding that exact brand. The prices as regards the sneakers were all over 200 bucks everwhere. But for all I set this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hi there people. I'm really into shoes and I had been looking as far as something that exact make. The prices for the sneakers are approximately 200 pounds everwhere. But definitively I bring about this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

hi there friends. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for the sake of that exact make. The prices due to the fact that the velcros are about 180 bucks everwhere. But completely I found this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]gabenor.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Research presents that almost 70% of all USA grownups are either chubby or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

Kak Teh's BLOG DIRECTORY

Powered by Blogger

IDHAM'S BLOG DIRECTORY

Powered by Blogger

Site Meter