Wednesday, July 26, 2006

So then … We are dealing with KATAK



I used to train hundreds of trainers and give presentations to thousands of audience, but, the presentations I am about to give to the Ministry of Energy, Water and Communications bring chills to my spines. May be this is due to my hope that the presentations will go without glitch and at the end of the day manage to have some sense of implementations secured. Much time and energy has been spent throughout months of prototype development, perhaps as good as one year if it refers from the Day 1 of the conceptualization. It’s now a matter of green light given by their side for me (us) to go and present.


Ministry of Energy, Water and Communications, better known as KTAK or I prefer to call it KATAK, has come up with the strategy called MyICMS 886 (Malaysia Information, Communication and Multimedia Services 886). What is that 886? It refers to their strategy; 8 elements in Services, 8 in Infrastructure and 6 Growth Areas. [Note: This is a good strategy. We are not short of planners in this country but the people to execute are]. After a scrutiny, we found that we overlap under that 8 Infrastructure and more in the Growth Areas of the Ministry’s strategy. During the instigation, it turned out to be, the ones that with clear focus for KTAK is in the Services and Infrastructure part of it and not in the Growth Area of which the latter is somewhat in a grey area, overlie with other ministries’ jurisdictions. We are banking in on Competence Development, Content Development and ICT Education Hub. The closest is on the Competence Development.

There goes, we had to switch over the strategy and approach on our side to fit in the MyICMS 886. I came up with the proposal focusing on the pilot project for the continuity of the services and infrastructural set up of KTAK. The main point we played upon in the proposal was the services & infrastructures need to be clearly seen in the practical usage of it. The underlined issue is CONTINUITY to see the finished and polished product. Hey, the KSU of KTAK bought the idea and commissioned over MCMC (Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commissions) to look into it seriously.

But, to me this is not a blessing. It looks like the game now is bottom up, not like the way initially intended to look like. That worries me. I do not want to leave it to chance. I cram myself up for weeks already. Thank goodness I do have a very competent partner to work with. The game plan is as such; still stick to the proposal we created initially - to sneak through the Ministry’s strategy on the pretext of providing the back-hand in the integrity of the ministry to have the infrastructure set-up and services offered with a practical means and it is readily to be used and effective too.

I’ll be the main presenter to outline the whole set of presentation and in later part my partner will come in to underline the points.


Wish me luck!


GAB: If things do not work out well, I’ll be looking for a good spot in the area I'm staying at, Saujana Utama to set up a stall selling burger.

There goes my lunch hour… hehehe

8 comments:

m i n e r a l . . . said...

aminnnn... moga gab dikurniakan ke'cool'an yg berhemah, dan mengeluarkan segala2 aura yg terpendam utk mempersembahkan yg terbaik . . .

p/s : teringat kisah lama... kali pertama tun kena baca doa kat perhimpunan sekolah, habis menggigil lutut jejejejej... tp lepas tu pantang dpt microphone jejejejeje.... (actually i pemalu orgnyer hahahah)

myberlingobox said...

Yeessssss, Good luck for the presentation, it looks convincing. Just a little tips ‘banyakkan berselawat’ before you go into the battlefield. I like this kind of business, may be you can be my mentor one day. Again, good luck……….

~ GAB ~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~ GAB ~ said...

Thank you TUN. I'll bet, apart from public speaking, TUN is of a class to be in One In A Million to make Paul Moss' jaw dropped to the floor and makes Shafinaz meleleh over your one of a kind vocal power. I know that!

And thank you Berlingo for the priceless tips.

Errk... I feel so embarass over myself... I am not qualified to be a mentor, Sir. Being my neighbour, I know what you're made of. Perhaps protege is far ahead exceeding the minimum standard. I am just making up the number.

nanies said...

good luck gab..cayuk!cayuk!cayuk!...

whehehe ermm tun pemalu ek...jap selak diari lama nie...kekkeke

Unknown said...

Good Luck Gab! Anyway thanks for your comment in my blog.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and the team..
GOOD LUCK AND ALL THE BEST !

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Kak Teh's BLOG DIRECTORY

Powered by Blogger

IDHAM'S BLOG DIRECTORY

Powered by Blogger

Site Meter